HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

SIRI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aiki14

PostSubject: SIRI   Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:33 pm

Screaming BUY at 1.22 for a potential 10% short term on move to 1.35 over next few days.
I think there is formidable fundamental support here, although no or little technical support, and I think the gravity is towards 1.50 even though I don't see it reaching there exactly.

I am not a believer long term anymore in the satrad concept as I believe universal Broadband and internet radio via cell, PDA, or portable music devices, will change the paradigm. Will there be time for SIRI to reign supreme? Maybe, but I doub't it'll be long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aiki14

PostSubject: Re: SIRI   Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 am

Of course I have been wrong on these things in the past. Wow talk about a nosedive. I'll bet a lot of people got hammered on this one, sorry I helped out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: SIRI   Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:05 pm

I was actually talking to WSE about this one, you should check out a strategy we went over...

we bought SIRI at your recommendation and we sold January 2009 2.50 calls against the position.. not a bad premium! I got well over $2.00 per contract, so by January's expiration, I'll make about 200%!
Back to top Go down
Riddicks

PostSubject: Re: SIRI   Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 am

You've been more right than wrong on SIRI aiki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaronchall

PostSubject: Re: SIRI   Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:12 am

kmorse wrote:
I was actually talking to WSE about this one, you should check out a strategy we went over...

we bought SIRI at your recommendation and we sold January 2009 2.50 calls against the position.. not a bad premium! I got well over $2.00 per contract, so by January's expiration, I'll make about 200%!

Hey, interesting...

Aaron

PS before anyone tries to take advantage of this, they need to make sure they know how many shares/contract.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaronchall

PostSubject: Re: SIRI   Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:46 pm

aaronchall wrote:
kmorse wrote:

Hey, interesting...

Aaron

PS before anyone tries to take advantage of this, they need to make sure they know how many shares/contract.

I don't see how you're going to make 200%, you have to buy 460 shares of the stock to be able to deliver on your options. I was investigating the spread, but the options are in the money. The strike means $250 which buys 460 shares. Thats a strike per share of 54.34 cents.

These are in the money since SIRI is trading at 1.00. If you want to keep the shares, SIRI needs to drop 50% by Jan.

The options are currently trading around 2-2.5. That's a premium of 200/460=43.47 or 250/460=54.34 cents a share.

No free lunch here. You make money if the stock goes down, but you could lose big if the stock goes up, because you're short uncovered calls... I'd buy them back if you can get them below 2, which based on their volatility, you probably can.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aaronchall

PostSubject: Re: SIRI   Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:08 pm

kmorse wrote:

Have you bought them back yet? You can get them for less than 2.00 now.

This one took me a bit of a while to figure out, so don't feel embarrassed. You can thank me.

Aaron
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIRI   

Back to top Go down

SIRI
Page 1 of 1