HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Can anyone give a review of Interactive Brokers?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aaronchall

PostSubject: Can anyone give a review of Interactive Brokers?   Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:26 pm

From what I can tell, they have very low option trading prices ($1 per contract), very decent margin and cash crediting rates, and offer advisor support. Can anyone who's used them for a while tell me about them and give a general review?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone give a review of Interactive Brokers?   Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:41 pm

theyre ok but the support is horrible. too many issues with orders not showing up, not going through, etc. the platform is pretty slow whether youre using their software or the browser order entry. it might be cheap but you definitely give up a lot...

do you need data/charting with a discount broker or do you have it somewhere else already?
Back to top Go down
aaronchall

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone give a review of Interactive Brokers?   Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm

I was afraid of that. You generally get what you pay for, unless you overpay. Anyone else comment on IB?

I'll answer your follow-on question in another thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone give a review of Interactive Brokers?   Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:25 am

Interactive Brokers has been very unreliable for me. I tried it out once because so many people mentioned how low the commissions were. I have found MBTrading.com to be very good. Even though they do not mention the charting tools available, hey do have a lot of charts available although the indicators are limited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone give a review of Interactive Brokers?   

Back to top Go down

Can anyone give a review of Interactive Brokers?
Page 1 of 1