HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Time to get back in?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aiki14

PostSubject: Time to get back in?   Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 pm

I have no idea. I was looking for a classic bottom yesterday (tues) after a close at LOD on monday but it didn't happen, then thought we might see a capitulation bottom today, but it didn't happen. The market was very undecided today which may be indicative of a bottom but I would be disinclined to bet too heavily on it. Straddles on the market are very expensive so I haven't pulled the trigger on that either.
I started to leg in on GS the other day at 115 but didn't sell out when it went to 119, so I am still holding a small position there, and am short the Nov VIX futures at 55, and long the VIX Nov55 puts, again in small positions.
I am frustrated at being in such a large cash position, watching, but thankful I went to cash two weeks ago before going to Maui. More luck than skill, because it saved me from big losses, as my thoughts on the market have been borne out to be incorrect a lot recently.
I did make one investment yesterday that is guaranteed to lose money when I take possession, but it'll do 185mph so I'll live with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Time to get back in?   Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:37 am

looks like the mkt free fall might have finally cooled off..
do you think that maybe this is the signal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to get back in?   Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 pm

i think todays downturn confirmed more big down days to come...

i think the govt made a huge mistake to buy shares in banks rather than to acquire them outright or give $ at a higher interest to provide liquidity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to get back in?   

Back to top Go down

Time to get back in?
Page 1 of 1